Ingress Enlightened LK Community gets boost from ENL GAMES LK 2014
Enlightened LK Members
Ingress is a location based mobile game popular among Sri Lankan youngsters and it now has its own community that keeps growing each day. This game has two teams or say two factions, the ‘Enlightened’ and the ‘Resistance’. The game is all about destroying enemy builds and territories, claiming them to your team and expand your faction’s ground area by actually traveling places around the country and world using mobile phones.
For the Enlightened faction, some of the agents (players) came up with a team activity to increase motivation and enthusiasm of Enlightened members. In January 2014, there was a global event organized for the Enlightened agents around the world to actively participate in Ingress as a motivational and an effort of uplifting the Enlightened network and statistics in a global scale. It was named after Summer Olympic games and the event was ultimately launched as ‘Ingress Enlightened Olympics’ that had nine Ingress related activities which were matched to the exact Olympic sport names.
Inspired by the internationally organized ‘Ingress Enlightened Olympics’ event, those Sri Lankan Enlightened agents was able to organize and execute the first ever Ingress competition called ‘ENL Games LK’ in Sri Lanka for the local Enlightened community. (ENL for Enlightened)
After weeks of elaborate planning and discussions, they successfully finished the said community build up project ‘ENL Games LK 2014’, an event that commenced on 22nd of August and ended on the 29th. Sri Lankan Enlightened agents who participated in this event had shown their game skills in various ways and they played very enthusiastically to compete against each other to win places. But ultimately it was team play, enthusiasm to level up and mind blowing stats that decorated agent profiles.
The eight-day event consisted of the following ten Ingress sporting events.
- Sprint - Gain maximum points during one hour.
- Marathon - Gain maximum points during the Games week.
- Hurdles - Create the highest number of control fields during the Games week.
- Relay - Make the highest number of overlapping control fields as a team of two to three Enlightened agents.
- Shooting - Score the largest points gain from a single attack on an enemy portal.
- Boxing - Highest energy loss through attacking an enemy portal.
- Long Jump - Make the longest link inside Sri Lanka during the Games period.
- Triple Jump - Create the largest control field by geographic area.
- Javelin - Create the largest control field measured in Mind Units.
- Taekwondo - Highest points gained for destroying enemy resonators, links and control fields during the Games week.
From among all the participants, only twenty two agents could make their way to the top ranks in the leaderboard at the end of this event. A community meetup was held at Independence Square on 30th of August to mark the end of this event to give away prizes to those Enlightened participants who won in aforementioned ten events. The meetup ended with a farming session (excessive walks around several high level portal clusters to gain more items beneficial for the game play by hacking them), to strengthen solidarity among agents and spotted new faces too.
As a whole, ENL Games LK 2014 was a huge success for Sri Lankan Enlightened community and it wouldn’t have been this successful without the organizing team and the judges who worked till late night finalizing scores.
ENL Games Prizes
ENL Games LK 2014 Stats Infographic