WHAT IS FUTURES?
FUTURES is a platform for social innovation which brings together selected group of people representing the private sector, public sector, not-for-profit organisations, community groups and consumers to develop innovative ideas for products, services, business models and policies that address emerging social issues and needs in Sri Lanka. The social sectors in focus for this year (2014) are:
21 MARCH – DAY 1 (9.00 A.M. – 4.30 P.M.)
- Setting the scene for FUTURES
- Opening plenary
- Understanding the issue (from multiple perspectives)
- Breakout parallel sessions for each sector (Education, Health, Water)
- Knowledge sharing (Speeches and panel discussions – UK and local speakers)
22 MARCH – DAY 2 (9.00 – 3.00)
- Building Futures (futuristic scenario building – beyond 2020)
- Designing solutions for the future (Products and services for the future)
- Breakout parallel sessions – *Hackathon style
- Action planning (open discussion)
- Closing remarks
More info, here.